http://flickr.com/photos/19321129@N00/sets/72157594467311188/show/
Photos
I love walking around the park.I like to stare at the cacti and imagine a worst-case scenario of falling on one or in a whole patch of them. I love the walking paths that go into the canyon and the river of rock below. I love walking through the park and seeing the exhibits change at the museums. I love seeing schoolkids there on weekdays pointing and chattering about the Koi Fish in the reflection pond. On Tuesdays, certain museums in the park are free and hopefully tomorrow I'll take advantage of that. School has started and so far I'm happy with my first teacher and feel she'll do well in showing us the ways of the Universal Building Code. I think by default, Elif's accent will probably keep my interest even through the dryest parts. She practices the code daily at her job and seems like the type who's wholly involved in her work and if you had to sit next to her at a dinner party and she didn't know you, she'd probably start talking about building codes. She said whenever she's out anywhere she calculates occupancy in her head and counts exits. That gives me confidence that I've made the right choice about this school. They may not have the nicest campus but if the teachers are obsessed with their subjects that's what counts. The Universal Building Code book is going to cost me the equivalent of 35 Lean Cuisines. I guess I will get on that case of ramen noodles now.
No comments:
Post a Comment