Thursday, January 25, 2007

Don't underestimate grapes.

I've ended up at Wine Steals too many times in the last month so I guess I need to offically call it my new hangout. I went there once last week with my Spanish Tutor and aspiring Martial Arts Sensei, Elio, and returned for a glass of Malbec with Steph this evening after Building Codes. Today I took the long way home after a business meeting in Carlsbad. I drove down the coast through Leucadia, Encinitas, Solana Beach, Del Mar and La Jolla. Every minute was absolutely breathtaking and required all of my multi-tasking faculties to check out the eccentric shops along the roadside, watch surfers, look out for bike-riders and take in the magnitude of the endless housing developments eastward and inland. It gave my Architectural Moxie a huge boost - there is SO MUCH design to be had out here! The market for residential new construction and remodeling seems unlimited! It seems like any young architect who's willing to really hustle and get their name out, should have no problem finding work and able clients. The beautiful views and building sites seemed endless on HWY 101 into San Diego. I did my office-chair-craigslist-deal in Del Mar, trading a roll of quarters for a fully adjustable chair and was back in San Diego with my new ergonomically superior seating within 15 minutes. Tomorrow I get a portfolio together for an interview with an Architecture firm specializing in Health Care Tenement Improvements. They want an Autocad Expert, which is not me, so I'm not going to hold my breath but the interviewing will at least be good practice.

No comments: