Yo amo explorar uno nuevo barrio cada dia. Hoy, fui al camino de Adams.
I like to explore new neighborhoods every day. Today, I went to Adams Ave. I went to check out a futon-like sofa that walks the line between cheap and classy, if there is such a thing. Supposedly, such line exists with red wine but I'm still working that out. Initially, when I started walking down the street I was concerned that I may be mugged but then Sunday's Methodist message of "Don't Be Afraid" and the visiting Dr. Parson's description of violence in the Congo flashed in my ears and bravery prevailed. Hopefully I look more like a person of novelty than one of temporary financial opportunity. There are two fabulous second-hand stores on Adams and both had items the Knitter would lust after. The Methodist Missionary thrift store had some incredible ceramic pieces and a ton of good books! - titles that were all best sellers either last year or in the fifties!

I wandered into a shop that had bamboo imports from Bali. The owners go there twice a year and buy until they fill one shipping container completely full. On my way back to the car I drifted into a place called O'Grady's pub and it's the first bar that has reminded me of Minneapolis. Ironically, the best food at O'Grady's was the Mexican because the chef is Mexican. He very personally and personably talked me into his Carne Asada burrito which I requested be muy caliente! I dropped a bit of carne asada on the floor and it burned a hole to Beijing. It was fabulous and irrefutably the best burrito I've ever had.
I am irreversibly changed.
The waitress Kelly gave me a card and told me to come back for a free drink - I'm going back in two hours.
Other News of Status...
Real Estate Exam = passed!
Other News of Status...
Real Estate Exam = passed!
Spanish = I conjugated a verb in something other than the present!
AutoCad = I can now "fillet" a corner and put hexagons in an array!
Building Codes = I think Albino Bunnies should be left out of it.
Girflriend = She's working hard and I miss her!

No comments:
Post a Comment