Thursday, January 4, 2007
St. Croix River, Leopard, Floating Rainbow Walleye
Repeating theme : Extreme weather at my parents house. Somehow I'd heard a storm from China was almost upon us. I knew it was coming. I shouted at my mom to get inside and either she didn't hear, was being stubborn, or I was just too late, the wave got her but she was ok and still managed to get inside. I tried to close the sliding glass door from the basement but I missed the first time and grabbed a screen door instead, there were 3 of them on the track! Water still came into the basement but not too badly. The next wave was the huge one and it left debris on the deck. The waves died down pretty quickly. I went outside looked down the stairs and there were Walleye the color of rainbows floating in the air (not in the water because it had completely receded) just above the deck stairs. One tried to bite my toe but I got out of the way. I went back inside and from the basement sliding doors, I noticed a leopard and I could tell he looked hungry and dangerous. I tried to warn others but the next minute I see Molly out on the deck and the Leopard has jumped on her. I run to the garage and grab two machetes and by the time I get back it's too late. She's laying there in a small pool of blood but she's actually not too badly hurt. My uncle shows up and carries her fireman style around the side of the house. He's had past medical training in the Navy in WW II so both Molly and I are confident he'll take care of her. She was bitten in the pelvis. map of dream
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment