I sent my friends back to 15 degree weather yesterday. I am happy that I had company to try 2 new breakfast places, 1 sushi place, 1 chinese place and 1 brewery bar/restaurant over the last 5 days. Specifially, The Diner in Coronado, Adams Steak n' Eggs in Mission Valley, Sushi Itto in Hillcrest, Pick up Stix in Hillcrest and Karl Strauss Brewery in La Jolla - and I have good things to say about all of them. Breakfast in this town could practically be a full-time job. There are so many shapes and sizes and colors of breakfast to be had! If I worked 2nd shift I would go out for breakfast every morning! I intend to start making going out for breakfast on weekends a new perogative.
The over event (that I can speak about) that came out of the weekend was seeing the Annie Liebovitz exhibit at the San Diego Museum of Art. (On a side note I think I'm the only person on the planet that didn't know she was a 'mo). The exhibit spans a decade+ of her work and includes the celebrity photographs she's known for along with a selection of her personal photographs. My favorite is the publicity photo for the show of Mikhail Barishnikov, motion paused, on the shore of a beach in Georgia. He's being held up by a taller man and both have the look of not being photographed but being in full joy and enjoyment of their moments of movement.
http://www.sdmart.org
Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I didn't know either.
Nor did I, or any of my well read friends, know that Susan Sontag was her partner.
Camille
Haha. I didn't know either until I saw it on PBS! Trust PBS to break all the really important news -- they just did a big biography with interviews that aired last week. It was great. She's beautiful now, but man was she a homely kid. What she says about meeting Sontag is really funny. AL just seems to be such a real person.
Post a Comment