Diametric: characterized by opposite extremes; completely opposed; diametrical (or opposite) points of view"; "opposite meanings"; "extreme and indefensible polar positions".
I've established connections with 2 diametrically opposed architects.
Architect A's work (my boss, female): Technical, pre-determined, limited creativity, repetitive design and details.
Architect B's work (my new web design client, male): Modernist, colorful, theoretical, intensely creative, unique, each design and detail new and changed.
I enjoy the diametrics and I like each character very much. Architect B teased me for having to work on a lead-lined room. Architect A gave me a raise this afternoon after 20 days on the job. Architect A's office is in a boxy non-descript office park. Architect B's office is in a cottage 50' from the ocean and after our meeting I walked the beach in darkness. The waves sounded like a roar - louder than during the day. It must be sense-of-hearing heightening in the absence of sight...or maybe the waves are more intense. I don't see the ocean every day or even every week. The power and energy suprised me. I grew up on the St. Croix river which has a different kind of power. When I was 7, swimming, I went after the wind blowing a beach ball. I got too far from shore and panicked. I let go. My mom paddled out in her inner tube for me. I remember the panic and how bright the colors were before I went below the surface, red cabin, green trees, blue sky and then color gone.
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment