Saturday, December 9, 2006




Now that I have long hair it seems an infinite number of strands are settling everywhere. I pick up my own hair many times a day and if I thought about it too much I'd go nuts. So, instead of frowning upon the presence of hair in my space and regarding it as an invasion I posed the question, "is there another way that hair can inform, relate, and/or define my space?". So I set a bunch of hair aside in a box cover. At the same time I've been trying to come up with an organizational solution for the Telephone-Cubby-Hole-Thing in the wall (if there's a more precise architectural term for this someone please tell me). So today, I've answered my question of how can hair inform/relate/define space. Fig. 1 - Scanned Hair Fig. 2 - Plotted Intersections Fig. 3 - Points in space


The last polaroid illustrates how the "Plotted Hair Points" would be represented throough extruded three inch Finish Furniture Screws with hex-heads. The Furniture Screws will (self)organize the cubby space.Here you can see how voids or areas emerge to hold my most often used stuff: Ipod Nano, PDA phone, Business Cards, Mail, Keys, Polaroids, Library Card, Credit Cards and ID. I'll do a follow-up post when the real project is done.

No comments: