Wednesday, June 27, 2007
goldfinch, conflagrating cloud
I was dreaming hard last night. I dreamt I was out at my parents, on the deck, looking out at the St. Croix. This time there were no terrible hurricanes. We were standing on the deck together and one little cloud floated into view, it was small but not because it was far away, it was literally only 4 feet or so high and just a few yards away from us. Then it started to silently conflagrate, from the top down and not in defined flames but in the way a sparkler burns. We were astounded. Later, I was feeding the birds on the deck, throwing little pieces of cheese out to them. Mostly Robins and Grouse were eating the cheese but there was one little Goldfinch, smaller than the others, waiting patiently. I knelt down with a little bit of cheese cupped in my hand and the Finch bobbed up to me and ate out of my palm. That was the most lucid feeling of the dream; awake now, i can still feel the delicateness and the sensation of the Finch tickling my palm as she nibbles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So first the exploding tree, and then the conflagrating cloud. You're on fire out there -- all of your ideas are intense and profound. Is it better than real estate? Or just different?
JS
Post a Comment