Last night, Eva and I checked out the new San Diego Arclinea showroom with 40 or so female designers whom as a collection were a mini-fashion show. At close range, I observed several styles of shoes, handbags and *gasp* even dresses that I began to covet by the end of the night. Perhaps I may be spotted in a dress this fall with shoes I can barely walk in. In 120 minutes I managed to increase my fashion and kitchen design awareness. The reason for the gathering was San Diego Women in Architecture's monthly networking meeting. The theme was "How to Get Your Project Published" and it was super-informative. The panel of editors was very diverse and funny! The SD CityBeat representative was a memorable quirky person and the editor of the new Luxe Magazine had a slight East Coast accent that fit her persona well. The panel was also made up of three architects, one of which was Jennifer Luce and they dished out some serious commentary: for each one of them it took 10 years to really get published. Jennifer Luce's main advice was to be patient. So, patience is going to be my new endeavor.
My favorite ArcLinea kitchen is the modular and free-standing Artusi line, described as "Tenacious, Yet Flexible" - that's me!
Except I am now, Tenacious, Yet Flexible and Also Patient.
http://www.arclineasandiego.com/artusi.html
1 comment:
My main advice is to focus on your dancing skilz.
Post a Comment