Wednesday, September 26, 2007

trying out a new color


Two months ago I finally made the switch to a water pitcher with filter and I bought a shatterproof waterbottle to port my h20 in. I will no longer be giving money to Dasani or contributing as much plastic to the landfill. I also take the bus every day to work and have not had to put gas in my car for almost 4 weeks. I've also stopped washing my hair, showering or brushing my teeth.
(Ok, I'm not that green...or, i probably would be able to grow things on myself.)

This saturday, I'm going to take a self-guided green design tour in San Diego.


There's also a Women In Architecture meeting next week on how to get involved in the San Diego green scene AND I found out through research I had to do at work that the City of San Diego has a Green Building Ordinance! - meaning, any new municipal buildings over 5,000 SF must meet the LEED Silver rating. Does anyone know if Minneapolis has a Green Building ordinance? Well, Mpls should get one!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see things seem to be headed toward me writing you a Dear Architect letter.

Jennifer S. said...

I don't think Minneapolis has an ordinance, but LEED is a big subject around the office right now -- we'd like to tear down a chunk of our building and recycle the materials, coming up with a LEED rated structure along the way. Lutheran Social Services has recently done something in the Powderhorn neighborhood that got LEED rated, I'll see if I can find the link.
Where have you been?