
It's hard to assemble words for the San Francisco and Sonoma County excursion. It was a trip for the senses in every way. In Sonoma county there are two primary colors, a vibrant deep green paired with sun-soaked yellow. The colors don't ever blend but they do touch against each other, everywhere, on all sides. The silence and brilliance of the stars shooting and shining over the Alexander Valley made me feel quite humble and emphasized my place as a spinning speck on earth. I slept and awoke to rows and rows of grapevines on sloped hills. I ate sandwiches, heavy, folded in white paper. In the mornings, when i was senseless and still seeing in black and white, I remembered that there was coffee and then I saw brown. Then, I held hot coffee and wanted a pastry, rasberries, i began to see red too....the days images build; olive trees on the side of the road, wine swirling up sides of thin glass, sand still in my nose from the beach, a dog who drinks beer, I saw everything I could see.
No comments:
Post a Comment