Monday, May 7, 2007

trouble in paradise


Here's a big MUCHOS GRACIAS to my friend Pippi who told me about 20 times that I should go hiking at Torrey Pines State Reserve. I finally went and it was BeeeeeeEEEEEEEuuuUUUUutiful!!!!! I hiked for two hours along the cliffs, watched the waves below, smelled flowers and laughed at lizards running into the brush. The beach below looked so inviting that I returned the next morning for a 6:45am run. The ocean breeze was calming and the stones on the sand were very zen-like and placed zen-like thoughts in my head which I will expound upon later. Anyway, it was a perfect run. However, I can barely walk today. I wish somebody would have warned me that running in paradise messes up 97% of the muscles in one's rear area. I had an important meeting today and it took a gargantuan effort not to waddle in like a duck. Running on the beach in the style of Baywatch will have to be something I work up to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad you made it! I'm hoping you found the wooden steps down to the beach. If you head south, towards LaJolla on the beach, you will find yourself at Black's Beach sooner than later...that's where all the nudies like to hang out! Good girl...it's my favorite hike!