Friday, April 13, 2007

A Sad Week - Sister Agnes Ward


Earlier this week my mom called to tell me that Sister Agnes passed away. She was in her 90's and lived a full life but it hasn't stopped me from feeling really sad. I've known Sister Agnes since I've known the world. She has spent vacations in Florida with us, she was a friend to my mom for much of her life and she knew my mother's mother. It's a jarring blow to the heart when a person of such continuity and compassion leaves your life. She went on many adventures, travelling to Ireland and Europe and devoting her life to the catholic faith. I will forever be inspired by her capacity to love and the friendship she shared with our family.

2006 at the Bethany Convent Nursing Home, St. Catherine's College in Saint Paul, MN.

2 comments:

debbi said...

could you tell me what you know about sr. agnes ward? i'm wondering if i knew her. is she from ireland, dublin or limerick? thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,

How long have you lived in San Diego?
Can you send me more family pics? Thanks!

Christine Swedell


whalerider36@comcast.net